Laser Color Correction – Resurfacing
If you’re one of many people who are bothered by their uneven skin texture—be it scars, wrinkles, enlarged pores, or stretch marks—the solution is easier than you’d think. Venus Concept’s laser color correction targeted skin resurfacing treatments can effectively reduce signs of skin damage and improve the appearance of uneven skin texture, no matter how fair or dark your skin tone. With just a couple of quick sessions, you’ll notice a naturally smoother, more radiant, healthier-looking complexion targeting brown and red skin discolorations.
Frequently Asked Questions
After your final treatment, your results will continue to improve. However, one touch-up session may be needed approximately every 6 months, depending on how your skin responds.
Most patients receive 3-4 treatments per area. The exact number will depend on each individual person and the area being treated.
Make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams, perfumes, powder, or makeup before your treatment session, and avoid tanning. Remove all jewelry around the area being treated. If you have excessive hair on the treatment area, shave it beforehand. It also helps to be prepared with information about your medical history—the technician will likely ask about it.
Anyone who shows signs of skin damage, including deep wrinkles, scars, visible pores, stretch marks, and/or anything else that affects the skin’s texture is a candidate for this treatment.
For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- An Internal defibrillator/pacemaker or any other active electrical implant in the body
- Any active conditions in the treatment area (e.g. rash)
- History of skin disorders or very dry skin
- Current or history of cancer (including pre-malignant moles)
- Severe concurrent conditions (e.g. cardiac disorders)
- Pregnant or nursing
- An impaired immune system
- A history of disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes)
- Taking blood thinners
- Had a face lift or eyelid surgery within the past 3 months
- Had any resurfacing treatments or chemical peels within the past 3 months
- Had any cosmetic injections within the past 2 weeks
- Consumed any Advil, Tylenol or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs within the past week of your treatment
- Any surgeries within the past 6 months
- Treating over tattoos or permanent makeup
- Excessively tanned