Acne Scarring Correction
Tired of covering up and trying to hide old acne scarring or skin imperfections? Over 70% of consumers report feeling somewhat to extremely bothered by their imperfect skin texture and/or discoloration, according to a recent consumer survey by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS). Feeling more attractive and confident in your skin doesn’t have to be a daily struggle with our acne scarring correction treatments.
Venus Concept’s targeted skin resurfacing treatments can effectively reduce signs of skin damage and improve the appearance of uneven skin texture, no matter how fair or dark your skin tone. With just a couple of quick sessions, you’ll notice a naturally smoother, more radiant, and healthier-looking complexion that lasts. These acne scarring correction treatments can be customized to individual needs and skin types and will require multiple sessions for the most effective result.
Frequently Asked Questions
The ideal candidate is anyone who shows signs of skin damage, including deep wrinkles, scars, visible pores, stretch marks, and/or anything else that affects the skin’s texture.
For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- An Internal defibrillator/pacemaker or any other active electrical implant in the body
- Any active conditions in the treatment area (e.g. rash)
- History of skin disorders or very dry skin
- Current or history of cancer (including pre-malignant moles)
- Severe concurrent conditions (e.g. cardiac disorders)
- Pregnant or nursing
- An impaired immune system
- A history of disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes)
- Taking blood thinners
- Had a face lift or eyelid surgery within the past 3 months
- Had any resurfacing treatments or chemical peels within the past 3 months
- Had any cosmetic injections within the past 2 weeks
- Consumed any Advil, Tylenol or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs within the past week of your treatment
- Any surgeries within the past 6 months
- Treating over tattoos or permanent makeup
- Excessively tanned
Most clients receive 3 to 4 treatments per area. More treatments may be required based on location of treatment, skin type, and response to the treatment. Your practitioner will set a schedule and may recommend a combination of other skin resurfacing aesthetic procedures to ensure the best possible results.
Each session lasts on average 15-30 minutes depending on the skin areas being treated.
Yes, but only for 24 hours post-treatment (or up to 5 days for more aggressive treatments), unlike lasers or other treatments where recovery or downtime lasts up to 10 days. Your skin will be red and for the first 24 hours, you will not be allowed to apply or rub anything on your skin, including water or sweat (so no hot yoga or any other exercise that will make you perspire). After 24 hours, you may put on makeup and resume your regular skin care routine. You should apply sunscreen (at least SPF 30), preferably one without chemicals. But avoid rigorous exercise and hot baths or massages on the treatment area for the first 2 days after your session. Make sure to keep your skin clean and protected from the sun. Avoid any sort of tanning.